Here, you will find things I found thought-provoking and interesting, ranging from academic papers to conference videos.
- Hashicorp: Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model: Hashicorp's white paper discusses how enterprises can adopt the Cloud Operating Model to maximise the value of their digital transformation efforts. The paper succinctly but clearly explains how one can capitalise on the dynamic nature of the cloud to achieve much more than possible with a static on-premise infrastructure setup.
- Github: Why Write ADRs: Architecture Decision Records (ADRs) are a great way to document how and why a decision was reached within a codebase. ADRs discuss the problem context, concerns, outcomes, alternative options and accepted trade-offs.
- The Akamai Network: A Platform for High-Performance Internet Application: The creators of Akamai's CDN (Content Delivery Network) share how Akamai overcome numerous network challenges such as the middle-mile bottleneck problem in order to enable the delivery of high-performance Internet applications.
- End-To-End Arguments In System Design by J.H. Saltzer, D.P. Reed and D.D. Clark: The authors make a strong case against prematurely performing a function at a lower-level in anticipation of usage at a higher-level in a hypothetical future and more.
- RailsConf 2014 - Keynote: Writing Software by David Heinemeier Hansson: David on how, 'most information system development has very little to do with the science part of computer science' and more!